Tuesday, March 1

Birthday Bateman!


Bateman's Birth Day

One year ago, we held our little bundle in our arms for the first time. Somehow, the hospital staff allowed us to take him home to care for him. Those first few days were such a blur. Richard and I leaned on our faith and on one another to learn the sacrifices necessary for our new role. We had wonderful help from family and friends, and we learned the importance of cultivating these relationships.

Bateman at Six Months

Getting to know Bateman has been quite a treat. From the beginning, he has been a determined baby. He only likes to cuddle when he's sick. He giggles and shakes when he hears bath water. He smiles and tilts his head to flirt with nearby people in Church. When daddy gets home, he wants to play. Immediately. He loves to stand at the front and back windows and stare at Creation and passersby. He smiles/giggles the entire time he is in a swing. He smiles, says "Hi", and waves to people in the grocery store, on the sidewalk, in the airport... You get the picture. He's a happy, social man.

Bateman Today at One Year

Today, we were hosting a playgroup, but no one showed. I took it as an opportunity to just play with Bateman. I also let him eat two pumpkin muffins since we had so many. From the moment Richard Carey and I entered his room to sing to him, he has been extra cheery. It's a special day. When Papa Bear gets home, we're going to take Bateman to swing at the park. That will surely top off his day! I sure do love this little man.

Happy Birthday Sweet Bateman!

1 comment: