Bateman's birthday party was a huge success! We were so excited that Granna, Grammie, and Paw Paw Dick made the journey! Let me just say, I really enjoy planning parties. Bateman's party wasn't anything over-the-top, but it was just perfect to celebrate the sweetness of our Bateman Andrew. The party was teddy bear themed since we're in California and our current state animal is the bear. The little ones had teddy bear head bands. Only one little one was still wearing the headband at the end of the party. Some had even eaten parts of theirs. Go figure. Glad I had the revelation to leave off the googly eyes. I planned a little song and story time, heavily borrowing from our Kindermusik and library groups. I was a little afraid of the parents looking at me like I was crazy, but I was so excited that they joined right in! I had moms and dads dancing around the backyard, singing little songs, and "going on a bear hunt." It was so much fun. When it was time for cake, Bateman was pretty neat about the whole thing. He definitely enjoyed it, but did not smash into it with much fury. When we dusted off his bib, there were actually no remains of icing. He was quite the little party man. It's as if he knew the rules of hosting a party and was sure to spend some time with each guest. So gracious! And what you've been waiting for: the photos!
My men.
Cake, cookies, pumpkin muffins, goldfish, cheerios, and teething biscuits.
What else does a one year old need?
Little toys scattered around the yard.
Bateman's new firehouse and cozy coupe!
The one minute he wore his headband!
Look at how they're playing together!
Story time!
Hmm... interesting.
Are you sure I can eat this?
Alrighty!
When can we do this again?
No comments:
Post a Comment