Friday, October 3

Our Sweet Vera Catherine

Allow me to catch up as my last post was almost six months ago!  We were waiting for the arrival of our darling baby girl, and early in the morning on April 30th, she was born!

Vera Catherine Green

As soon as she was born, she was ready to converse through her gaze.  She is just breathtaking.  When she was born, she weighed 2.94 kg, which is 6 lb., 6 oz.  This is small for the standards here, so the hospital was quite cautious about her size in the beginning.  I was told I would be "thrown out" of the hospital as soon as I could stand up, but instead I found  the hospital to be overly concerned with her.  We ended up staying in the hospital for a day and a half.  At the time, I really just wanted to go home and be together with the family, but in hindsight, it is really nice that I had a little extra rest and recovery time.  The nurses also had the privilege of getting to know Vera Cate in her first hours.  ;)
Our dear friends Montse and Gabriel kept the boys overnight while we were at the hospital.  They have three boys of their own, so I'm sure they had quite the party!  After Richard Carey picked up the boys, he brought them to the hospital to visit their little 'zusje'.  Louis brought her little Sophie giraffe.  Bateman brought all his kisses, and to this day, has not run out of kisses or affection for Vera Cate.  The next morning, Vera was given the clear to go home.  We called for a taxi and returned home to settle into life as our family of five.

The hospital brought these after she was born.  It's a thick toast with pink or blue sprinkles, a traditional new baby celebratory treat.  After 26 hours of labor, I think I inhaled them.  :) 



The proudest big brothers!


Her evaluation before discharge.  How I was praying she would pass!!

How my heart melts to see their sweet relationship.

Let's go home!



No comments:

Post a Comment