When we first arrived in August, I was scouring the internet to find something fun to put on our schedule. We found the Little Gym had consecutive classes for the boys' age groups so we signed up for a half year. Boy am I glad we did! It did us so much good. First of all, the boys absolutely loved it. They flourished in those classes even though they were at least half in Dutch. It also got me out of my comfort zone, biking across town about 35 minutes one-way, which also gave me real deal exercise. :) I learned to navigate the tram and bus system on cold, rainy days when I didn't want to brave the bike/rain-suit route. And since God is in the providing department, we met great friends there that I know we will keep beyond the classes.
Louis' class was first and it was a parent/child class so we got to have some one-on-one time and Bateman was able to be social with whoever was in the lobby. Ah, my social butterfly! Bateman was quite proud to do his 3/4 year old class all by himself. They both had such smiles on their faces every time.
The end of our session came at a perfect time. Bateman was starting school in a month and with pregnancy, I was growing (ha!) weary of the journey! The boys had a lovely End-of-Session show, and they had a great time performing for Richard Carey and me. They even got medals at the end, which they still wear! I am so grateful for our time there.












No comments:
Post a Comment