Monday, August 5

The New Place!

Here it is...
 We're moved in... And pooped!  The boys didn't nap today because of the excitement and the fact that their room has floor to ceiling windows and no blackout curtains. No blackout curtains until now that is. RC ran/rode his bike to ikea (40 minutes one way!) to get blackout curtains so they could get some much needed rest.  That also means we can rest or unpack or do something other than asking them to stop getting into everything.  I know they're little and they need to figure out their surroundings, but I need to organize and decorate to make it our own!! :) Right now I'm on the floor in the laundry room waiting for this wash cycle to stop. I've washed this batch three times now because I can't figure out how to unlock the door at the end of the cycle. It would probably be easier if it were in English...

This is the living room. The windows open inward to let in the breeze. This is the 5th floor and we can see into the canal in front of us and we can also see the steeple of Westerkerk, a beautiful old church.


This is the other side of the living area: dining and kitchen. We have a full size refrigerator!!

Our great balcony, except it didn't come with this hammock. We get great sunlight here! We also need to get used to everyone else being so close to us on their "private" balconies! :)





And yes, I've tried to press the orange "Deur" button, but nothing happens! :) hopefully it will miraculously open following this cycle! 

On the bike front, RC did some research and found a bike for me, but the store is having to check its city wide inventory for a shorter stemmed bike for my non-Dutch stature. ;). They will let me know tomorrow if they have anything. Hoping it's resolved soon as I'm feeling a little cooped.

Tot ziens! (Goodbye) I'm off to pray for our washing machine sitch.

2 comments:

  1. Valerie - it's beautiful! Wishing y'all lots of joy on your journey in Amsterdam! May you make lifelong friends there and create many, many memories with your sweet family! Living in another country can be challenging (we did it for two years), but it also is a great adventure. I'm looking forward to following y'all!
    The boys are so gorgeous!!
    xo,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful home! This is so much fun to read. Thanks for sharing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete