Wednesday, June 16

a macy's lesson

When we registered at Macy's for our wedding, I got a Macy's Star Rewards card to rack up points from all our gift purchases. Although I actually never used my accrued points, I still use the card to make my make-up purchases. When I would use the card, I was always sure to pay it in full so I didn't get any of those nice interest charges... until March. The billing cycle after I had Bateman, I forgot to pay the Macy's bill. Then a whopping $19 charge was added the next month. I tried dodging the charge, only paying the balance before the charge, but the next month, I received a bill for $21. My late charge was now gaining interest! My hopes that the charge would disappear were not looking so hot, but I was a little afraid to call and ask about the charge! I don't know why. I mean, what was the worst that could happen? They'd tell me no. Surely they couldn't add another $2, right? I really almost just payed it so I could stop thinking about it. When sharing this dilemma with my mom, she advised me to pray about it before I called... pray for the words I needed to speak and pray for the service representative to have open ears. I knew she was right. So I prayed and I called. I nervously spoke about always paying on time, then having a baby, then wanting the charge removed, if possible. The man's voice says, "First of all, congratulations on having a baby! Aren't they just a blessing from God?" Um... hello? Who did I call? Delightfully confused, I agreed with him. Then he said, "Is it a baby boy or a baby princess?" I could not believe that this man was investing in me over the phone! He gladly took away the charge, announced my $0 balance, then proceeded to ask me how the baby was doing. So I walked away renewed, thanking God for my $21 and for walking with me through all of life's little dilemmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment