Wednesday, January 27

36 week check-up

Praise God! I got a surprise and was able to see Green Bean yesterday! I did not know that we would have an ultrasound, but when I arrived at the doctor's office, the doctor wanted to do a routine ultrasound, so we did! I saw the head, which is turned and ready. I saw the strong heart beat and the lungs moving for practice breathing. Amazing! If all goes well, I won't go back for another 2 weeks for the 38 week check-up. Papa Richard Carey was a little bummed he didn't know about the ultrasound, but he was thrilled to get the good news. He is working hard, of course. Last night, he bought some door trim and closet doors to continue the work on the baby's nursery nook. He painted them, too.
I am planning to work through next week. The growing baby is taking a toll on my energy, but I'm trying to get some work done before my replacement gets here. Today my students are working on a welcome card for the new speech-language pathologist and greeting cards for different occasions in the baby's life. Our focus is "Welcoming New People." That's definitely a communication skill!
We must also celebrate the shining sun today because it has been raining consistently for at least a week. No more rainy day recess. Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment