Ok, maybe this is out of order of importance, but this cake to celebrate Bateman's baptism was sensational. I'm drooling a little.Tuesday, May 25
Celebrate May!
May is such a wonderful month with so much to celebrate. Although the celebrating is not yet through, it is time to sit down and post! Our dear friend Ella graduated this month from Boston University. She has been taking courses online across the country (from L.A. and San Francisco), so she could not make it to the ceremony. So, we had a graduation in our backyard complete with inspirational words from Dean Green, a.k.a. Richard Carey.
My first Mother's Day was a beautiful, peaceful day. Richard Carey made an extraordinary Cuban-inspired lunch and we just rejoiced in our incredible new roles as parents. Do you see those beautiful flowers behind us? Those are from our yard. I know, incredible!
Since May is Mary's month, I feel especially thankful for her friendship. I have such fond memories of crowning her with flowers in my school days. Maybe we should make that happen again.
Sista Graduates! Congratulations to my dearest sister, Hannah Jo, for her graduation from high school. Isn't she just a doll?
Ok, maybe this is out of order of importance, but this cake to celebrate Bateman's baptism was sensational. I'm drooling a little.
Bateman is so fortunate to have two godparents as faithful and devoted as these. Tim Hedrick and Auntie Anne Marie have accepted the responsibility of helping RC and I with the duties of spiritual formation. We are so appreciative.
Here he is! Our newly baptized Bateman Andrew! He is cleansed of original sin, claimed for Christ, and ready to be a fisher of men. In deciding on his name, we found that Bateman was primarily derived from the Saxon word "bat" which means boat, so the translation of his name means "boatman." We chose Andrew from Jesus' apostle who was a fisherman by trade. So, we hope for Bateman Andrew to be a strong Christian who may lead by word and example alike.
Ok, maybe this is out of order of importance, but this cake to celebrate Bateman's baptism was sensational. I'm drooling a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment